Welcome to the Attendance Office. In order to be accurately accountable for every LBHS student, we strive to consistently adhere to the Education Code and attendance policies set forth in the LBHS Student Handbook. Please refer to the following policies when your child must miss any part of his or her school day.
Calling in An absence
Please dial the main school line at 949-497-7750 before 10:30 am and select PROMPT 1. Once your information has been left on the automated system there is no need to call back. Be sure that your message is clear with full information or the absence will not be cleared. NOTE: Families have 72 hours to clear each day’s absence before it is considered TRUANT
Per the LBHS Student Handbook, excused absences include illness, medical appointments, funeral (immediate family member), court appearance, pre-approved extended absence or other extenuating circumstances.
Per the LBHS Student Handbook, unexcused absences include vacation, oversleeping, out-of-town visitors, missed bus, wedding, out of gas, traffic citation, child care or other personal/business reasons.
Request for Extended Absence (1 or more days)
Per the LBHS Student Handbook, students must obtain an Extended Absence Form from Attendance if they know they are going to be absent from school for any reason other than illness, including college visits.
Request for Short Term Independent Study (6 consecutive days to 6 weeks)
Absences for 18 Year-old Students
For those students who are 18-years old, please note that the Student Information Change Request to Verify Personal Absences for 18-Year Old Students form must be filled out by the student, parent/guardian, Registrar and LBHS Administration before the privilege is put into effect. NOTE: Students with a record of excessive absences and/or tardies prior to turning 18 will NOT be granted this privilege.
Students Needing to Leave School Early
Contacting the Attendance Office
When it becomes necessary for a student to leave campus for an appointment, you may choose ONE of the following options to properly notify the Attendance Office:
- EMAIL: (preferred form of correspondence): Please email either of our Attendance Specialists: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the following information:
- Student’s Name
- Time student needs to leave campus
- Reason for leaving
- Time returning to school
PHONE: Dial the main school line at: 949-497-7750 before 10:30 am and select PROMPT 2. (Based on the number of students and volume of calls, emailed information is preferred).
WRITTEN NOTE: Have your student bring a note, with the information listed above, from a parent/guardian to the Attendance Office in the morning.
Once the above has been received by the Attendance Office
- a Call Slip is created for your student’s teacher, the teacher will then release the student at the appropriate time
- Your student will then come to the Attendance Office to sign out and receive an Off-Campus Pass. Students who fail to obtain an Off-Campus Pass prior to leaving campus will result in a TRUANCY
- The Attendance Office will not telephone into a classroom directly, to release a student, as we are respectful of instructional time
- Finally, when a student is returning back to campus, they are required to come to the Attendance Office, with a doctor’s note, for re-admittance and then be issued a pass back to class
Students Not Feeling Well
Per the LBHS Student Handbook, students who are not feeling well should notify their teacher and request a pass to the Health Office. The Health Clerk will determine whether or not the student’s parent/guardian should be called requesting that the student be picked up or released to go home. Students should NOT call their parent/guardian from the classroom, as this is a cell phone violation. Students MUST check out through BOTH the Health Office, as well as the Attendance Office (failure to do so will result in a TRUANCY). Students who are not feeling well during Break or Lunch should come directly to the Health Office.