- TueApr25 1st grade America Sings 8:15 AM to 9:15 AM
- FriApr28 Flag Assembly 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- MonMay01 Book Fair Week 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- MonMay01 Kinder Grad Photos 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM
- FriMay05 CLC Info Hour 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- MonMay08 PTA Meeting 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- TueMay09 LBUSD Board Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- WedMay10 New Student Registration 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- WedMay17 Coffee Break - Changing the Game Projec 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- TueMay23 LBUSD Board Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- WedMay24 New Parent orientation grade 1-5 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- WedMay24 Kinder parent orientation 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- ThuMay25 ASP Session 3 Ends 2:20 PM to 3:20 PM
- FriMay26 Flag Assembly 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- MonMay29 Memorial Day - All Sites Closed
- WedJun07 Minimum Day - Open House 8:00 AM to 11:40 AM
- WedJun07 OPEN HOUSE 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- FriJun09 5th grade Pioneer Day
- MonJun12 PTA Meeting 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- TueJun13 Recorder/Violin Concert 1:45 PM to 2:20 PM
TOP OF THE WORLD'S MISSION IS TO PROVIDE OUR STUDENTS WITH A RIGOROUS 21ST CENTURY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT WHICH FOCUSES ON THE UNIQUENESS OF EACH CHILD, PROMOTING A GROWTH MINDSET, A COMMUNITY PERSPECTIVE, AND DEVELOPING THE SKILLS NEEDED TO BECOME LIFELONG LEARNERS.
TOW CODING CLUB
Coding is quickly becoming a frontrunner in electives and after school programs throughout the country. Around the world, students from elementary level to college graduates are increasingly getting acquainted with the basics of coding. The American “Hour of Code” effort reports it has already persuaded over 28 million people to give programming a try. Coding not only is what makes games, websites and applications possible, but it encourages problem solving and collaboration. Starting in 2014, the TOW Coding Club began giving our students an opportunity to capitalize on this growing trend of learning code.
SHIFT TO COMMON CORE AND MATH
Our shift to Common Core is not only a shift in curriculum, but more importantly, a shift in math practices. We spend more time on concepts, so our students don't just know their "math facts," but really understand how those facts will come to play in their every day lives.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AT
TOP OF THE WORLD
Enjoy these pics of a day in the life at our great school. Or check out our full gallery of photos!
Hours Donated Last Year Alone
California Distinguished School Awards
Student-to-Laptop Ratio in 5th Grade