- TueSep19 Garden Volunteer Orientation 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- TueSep19 GATE Parent Meeting 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM
- FriSep22 Picture Day 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM
- MonSep25 After School Session One Begins 2:17 PM to 3:22 PM
- TueSep26 DELAC Parent Workshop 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
- TueSep26 LBUSD Board Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- ThuSep28 Flag Assembly 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- FriSep29 Vision & Hearing Testing 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM
- FriOct06 Kindergarten field trip 8:00 AM to 11:45 AM
- FriOct06 PTA Bonanza 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- MonOct09 PTA Meeting 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- TueOct10 Makeup Picture Day 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM
- TueOct10 LBUSD Board Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- MonOct16 Halloween Costume Drive 8:00 AM to 11:59 PM
- TueOct17 Halloween Costume Drive 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM
- WedOct18 Halloween Costume Drive 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM
- ThuOct19 Halloween Costume Drive 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM
- ThuOct19 DELAC Meeting 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- FriOct20 Halloween Costume Drive 12:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- FriOct20 Reflections Artwork due 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
TOP OF THE WORLD'S MISSION IS TO PROVIDE OUR STUDENTS WITH A RIGOROUS 21ST CENTURY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT WHICH FOCUSES ON THE UNIQUENESS OF EACH CHILD, PROMOTING A GROWTH MINDSET, A COMMUNITY PERSPECTIVE, AND DEVELOPING THE SKILLS NEEDED TO BECOME LIFELONG LEARNERS.
TOW CODING CLUB
Coding is quickly becoming a frontrunner in electives and after school programs throughout the country. Around the world, students from elementary level to college graduates are increasingly getting acquainted with the basics of coding. The American “Hour of Code” effort reports it has already persuaded over 28 million people to give programming a try. Coding not only is what makes games, websites and applications possible, but it encourages problem solving and collaboration. Starting in 2014, the TOW Coding Club began giving our students an opportunity to capitalize on this growing trend of learning code.
SHIFT TO COMMON CORE AND MATH
Our shift to Common Core is not only a shift in curriculum, but more importantly, a shift in math practices. We spend more time on concepts, so our students don't just know their "math facts," but really understand how those facts will come to play in their every day lives.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AT
TOP OF THE WORLD
Enjoy these pics of a day in the life at our great school. Or check out our full gallery of photos!
Hours Donated Last Year Alone
California Distinguished School Awards
Student-to-Laptop Ratio in 5th Grade